Production of solid plastered surfaces
Most traditional buildings were finished in lime mortars externally and lime washed to provide both decoration and protection. This course will enable you to apply a variety of both external and internal lime finishes. These include formal ‘lined out’ work to less formal textured finishes to a wide range of background types including lath, stone and brick. You will learn how to match traditional and existing finishes. This course will allow you to learn about mixing and application methods and the range of materials available for the reinstatement of traditional lime finishes and for new build applications.
- Preparation of various surfaces
- Sequencing work for application of internal and external plasterwork
- Application and finish of internal and external plasterwork in one, two and three coat work on a variety of surfaces:
- internal and external angles
- Finishing surfaces to the appropriate style and textured finish
- Replication of textured finishes
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for candidates who have completed NVQ2 in plastering or have equivalent experience of working within the plastering trade.
CITB Training standards and grants
This course is a CITB training standard. CITB registered companies may be eligible to apply for funding from CITB to cover the cost of this course and to receive a short course grant. For full details of available grants and funding please visit https://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grants-and-funding/grants-funding/ or speak with your CITB local adviser.
CITB GET code and grant tier
GET0534 - grant tier 3