Specialist techniques for heritage wood occupations
Understanding plans, drawings and specifications is essential in ensuring that repair work is undertaken according to the requirements of a contract. This course will enable learners to interpret drawings accurately in preparation for any new or repair work to timber structures or joinery units.
The content of the course will include:
- Reading plans and specification- interpreting and extracting information
- Dissemination of information, identifying discrepancies and procedure for further action
- How to draw- geometry, Pythagoras’ theorem, basic trigonometry
- Setting out datum and complicated carpentry structures
- Measuring instruments old and new
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for candidates who have completed NVQ2 or 3 in wood occupation or have equivalent experience of working within the carpentry trade.
CITB Training standards and grants
This course is a CITB training standard. CITB registered companies may be eligible to apply for funding from CITB to cover the cost of this course and to receive a short course grant. For full details of available grants and funding please visit https://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grants-and-funding/grants-funding/ or speak with your CITB local adviser.
CITB GET code and grant tier
GET2078 - grant tier 1