Level 3 Award in Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
at Tywi Centre (or on-line if Covid restrictions prevent face-to-face training)
24-25 May 2022£87
This 2-day Level 3 Award will provide participants with the knowledge and understanding of the installation of energy efficiency measures suitable for older traditional buildings. It will enable them to assess the significance and condition of the building and make decisions about which measures might be appropriate for use in a variety of circumstances.
Level 3 Award in: Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings, certified by NOCN.
Who should attend:
It would be of considerable value to anyone responsible for improving the energy efficiency of traditional buildings. This includes Contractors, Architects, Surveyors and Property Managers.
The UK standard retrofit specifications PAS 2035: Specification for retrofitting dwellings for improved energy efficiency, and the PAS2038: Specification for retrofitting non-domestic buildings for improved energy efficiency, make this qualification a requirement for Retrofit Assessors. Retrofit Coordinators and Retrofit Designers would also benefit from attending this course
The 3 units that make up the Award are:
- - Older and Traditional Buildings: Age, Nature and Characteristics (H6MK 69)
- - Older and Traditional Buildings: Assessing Options for the Introduction of Energy Efficiency Measures (H6MM 69)
- - Older and Traditional Buildings: Making Recommendations and Giving Advice on the Introduction of Energy Efficiency Measures (H6MN 69)
Participants will be provided with a Course Handbook which will cover the full content of the Units and provide supplementary information to support participants’ understanding of the broader issues affecting the energy efficiency and retrofit of pre-1919 traditional buildings. It will cover:
- - The chronology, building styles, age and characteristics of traditional (pre-1919) buildings
- - How the thermal performance and energy and efficiency of traditional (pre-1919) buildings are assessed
- - The impact of the installation of retrofit of energy efficiency measures to traditional (pre-1919) buildings and installation of energy efficiency measures in relationship to craft occupations
- - The range of available energy efficiency systems and measures available.
This course is subsidised thanks to funding from the Community Renewal Fund. Places are limited and applications from people who live or work in Carmarthenshire will be given priority. If you would like to register your interest in this course, please complete and submit the form below or email the Tywi Centre email@example.com
You will then be sent a 'Skills Scan' document and application form. If you are offered a place on one of our courses, we will ask you to secure your place and pay through TicketSource. A link for this will be provided to you. If you would like further details, please contact the Tywi Centre team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07929770743. Thank you